Tuesday, October 03, 2006

sunday we ventured over to trastevere to try to find the market but ended up wandering around gianiccolo for the day. it was a ridiculous uphill walk and it was kinda hot but you get the prettiest views of rome from up there. i believe that area is best known as the childrens area, as there is a huge children's hospital, a few schools, and on sundays they have pony rides and puppet shows. for those familiar with rome, at the top of the hill is piazza garibaldi. anyhow here's a picture of the city from the top of the hill.


yesterday was alright. didn't do much besides go to school and cook myself a delicious meal. surprisingly, when i'm unlazy enough to cook for myself the meal comes out to be pretty decent. yesterday i made a simple pasta with some margarine, olive oil, garlic, onions, peas, and mushrooms. today, on the other hand, was kinda awful. i woke up with a stuffy nose which turned into a full blown cold which turned into a fever and all on my busiest day! i know i sound kinda like a whiny baby, but ok i had class from 12-2 then i came home to make myself soup which made me feel a little better and then i had class from 345-700 in which i watched 2 movies in italian and broke out into a fever. but then i had a field trip for my art history class at the forum at 730 that i pretty much couldnt miss cause she was taking attendance so i headed out there with my roommate and with battaline and then it got cold which im guessing couldn't have possibly been good for my medical condition. and of course, silly janna, our professor talked forever and ever and rambled about everything and the forum wasn't lit up so we could barely see anything. i'm just glad cause there's a field trip this friday that i can't make it to since i'll be on my way to sweden AND class is cancelled thursday. granted, i will go to the site by myself when i return but its kinda nice knowing that i only have one class on thursday. hopefully itll help me get better before heading up to scandinavia.

alright well i don't foresee anything happening before the weekend so i'll post again when i get back from stockholm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home